Monday, February 7, 2011

Valhalla Standing Around Doing Nothing

So, lets start at the begining, because that is always a good place to start.  I was on deviantart, looking around at pictures one day, and I found this...

Thor Thursday - 04
by *reau on deviantART

It is pretty fucking awesome.  In the Artists comment he says he had justed watched a movie called Valhalla Rising, and it inspired him to draw this.  Well okay, I'm in, TO YOUTUBE!!!



Well, that looks fucking awesome.  TO AMAZON!! Where I proceded to buy it.  A week later I watched it.


I do not have a sad face big enough to display my reaction.  Do you like stupid arty farty movies about people standing around for 10 mins inbetween things happening? Cuz I sure as fuck don't, and that's what I got.  You get small bursts of something cool happening between long drawn out scenes of nothing... .... NOTHING...people, sitting around, looking at things, some times walking, mostly sitting....NOTHING.  Sure at the start you got dudes beating the crap out of eachother in the mud, and some guy gets totally disemboweled, which was awesome. Really though, almost all the action in the movie is in that trailer. If you wanna watch it, fine, if you wanna blow job a director for making a movie about nameless people standing around doing nothing, good for you, but that's not what I signed up for.

Fuck you IFC, and Fuck you Art Schools, for brainwashing people into thinking this is a good film.  Maybe I should go back to my Hollywood blockbusters if I wanna see shit get done. And on that note,

This movie was pretty cool, and shit gets done.  Saw it on netflix, check it out.  Not that this should be a desiding factor, but it also had hot chicks in leather armor kicking all sorts of ass.

2 comments:

  1. Darn expectations. You should just watch Pathfinder instead. I also believe that everyone should see this at some point:

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080846/

    If you need some piracy, let me know. I've got bandwidth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Own Pathfinder already, totally racist on both ends, but still better then Valhalla Standing. :) Clancy Brown was the best part of the whole thing.

    Hawk the Slayer on the other hand, is something I've been looking for :p

    ReplyDelete