Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I read Book.

So, WOW not working, and I'm up to date on all the stupid picture threads I look at on SA, so maybe I'll talk about some books I've read lately...

I just recently finished The Black Library - Wulfrik by C. L. Werner.

It's awesome. 

So, picture Kratos, but then make him look like some angery chaos viking.  Cool.  Now watch the chaos gods tell him to go around and murder shit for them on a magical boat that travels thru the warp, and then watch him try to get out of his fate as champion of the chaos gods because he wants to fuck a pretty lady. Oh, and he's not a great big raging cry baby about his fate, he's more just so fucking angery about it.

C. L. Werner is one of my favorite writers at BL, and I'll read pretty much anything with his name on it, in fact, I have pretty much read everything with his name on it, except for his Skaven series, and Brunner, both of which I own, I just haven't gotten to them yet, for some reason. But so far, his frozen wastes chaos champion books have been my favorite.  I think this one etches it's self to the top of the pile of skulls, knocking  Blood for the Blood God down a few pegs.


The Black Library - God King by Graham McNeill

I had just finished it before the big fuck off pile of snow we got.  Was a good end to a good series.  Sigmar smashes the fuck outta shit with his hammer, and keeps the empire from falling to the zombie hordes of Nagash.  Not really much left to say about it really.  I enjoyed the series, and now it's over.  Now I just have to wait for the last Nagash book to finally come out.  So I can read it, like it, and hopefully afterward Mike Lee will get back to writing Malus Darkblade books.

Currently reading, The Age of Odin by James Lovegrove

I knew fuck all about this book when I picked it up.  It's got Odin in the title, it's got a one eyed guy on the cover with a floppy hat, some military dudes, snow, and possibly some sorts of robots.

Ragnrok comes to England, and the Norse Gods gonna be laying the smack down with some regular jack offs, in lots and lots of snow.  80 some pages in, and that's pretty much what I got out of it so far.  I am liking it, and flipping thru just name skimming I spotted Skadi, so there's me throwing up the horns and ready to start plowing thru it.  Though for some reason I'm making a stupid post, on my stupid blog about books, and not reading this book. Go fig.

Anyway, this is the end of some trilogy from the auther, each making some story about a different panthion of Gods.  First was The Age of Ra, then The Age of Zues, and now Odin.  It doesn't look like they're connected, just stories with similar themes, and since I don't really care that much about the Greek Gods, and Egypt? Fuck them.  And just from reading the lil thing about that one in the back of the book, Freegypt? Fuck that.

So there's some books.  I'll get a post of Lupie's sweet backside when WOW works again.  Maybe I won't leave the pic so fucking huge next time.  And in Closing, it's Toilet cleaning time.

Note: I've been fucking with the settings, and they are fucked, and I don't have time to unfuck them right now, so sorry it's hard to read.

1 comment:

  1. I'm picturing you with a plunger in one hand and The Age of Odin in the other hand. Probably won't work...

    ReplyDelete