Sunday, February 20, 2011

Marvel vs. Capcom 3

So, as the 5 people who happen to glance at my blog know, I picked up this game Friday, and now after having some more time to play it, I'm gonna talk about it.

It's a Capcom Fighter.  That's pretty much all ya need to know.  If you like Capcom fighters, you'll like it, if you hate Capcom fighters, you'll probably not like it.  Only minor complantes really, starting with, you start with 30 of the 34 fighters.  Yeah, I know, that's awesome, wide verity to pick from right off, but that just leaves 4 to unlock.  The main thing that keeps a fighter replayable is the drive to unlock all the fighters.  When you start out with nearly all of them, and then only have for to unlock, and the unlocking prossess simply is just playing thru arcade more, on any difficulty, 4 times, and then you got them all...that's kind of lame.  And since I hate getting frustarted at a game, Very Easy is the very best way to get this done fast.  Laughing at The Ice Dragon* fight Galactus 10 times in a row, on simply easy was enough to deture me from anything higher.

                            *From hence forth my Brother shall be refured to as The Ice Dragon (to piss him off lol)

So yes, my one real complaint is they gave me too many fighters to start with.  My other complaint happens to be they didn't give me enough fighters I want to play.  Thor, Deadpool, X-23, Taskmaster, fun new members to the Marvel team, with the old standbys like Wolverine, Hulk, and Spider-Man.  Capcom side though doesn't have is much draw for me.  Dante, Trish, Chriiiiiiiiissssssssss, and Wesker are fun, tossing in Arther from Super Ghouls and Ghosts got a laugh out of me,  you expected Street Fighters being there (though I was shocked at the lack of M.Bison) and the only 2 Darkstalkers they ever seem to use any more.  I hope some DLC can remedy this. 

Speaking of DLC, it is total crap that when you get the collecters edition you have to wait till march like all the rest of the jack offs who didn't get the collecters edition to get yer Jill and green eyeball guy.  That is just un-cool.

Anyway, here's a short list of what I hope to see at some point on old X-Box live that I can say "ooo I wanna download that, but ...I'm not sure if I want to pay for it.." but in the end I probably would anyway.

Blanka from Street Fighter- what can I say, he's always been a favorite of mine, so he gets top of the list.
Skullomania from Steet Fighter- Just look at him, and you will know, you'd want him on the list too.
Talbain from Darkstalkers- also another fav of mine, and I don't care what that says about me.
Lord Raptor from Darkstalkers- also cool looking, and in fact, I could make this list shorter by saying give me a new Darkstalkers game.
Sabertooth from X-Men- we have Wolverine .... ..so why the fuck not. And since we on the X-Men line, Rogue, Beast Nightcrawler, and Damino should be tossed in too.
Lady Loki from Thor- Because she's better then just plain old Loki. (I have also gotten too lazy to look up pics to link for ya, sorry.)

There's probably others I'd like to play, but my brain just freezed up and I'm out.  I also don't give a fuck about Megaman....so...yeah...fuck that guy.

As a final side note, The Ice Dragon claims I'm some sort of idiot savant when it comes to Capcom fighters because my button mashing tends to kick is ass all over the place. So, I've slain The Ice Dragon! Woo.

No comments:

Post a Comment